Monday, February 21, 2005

* yummy *

Well we made it home in one piece. If funny how much stuff you can accumulate in less than two months. The car was completely packed. We even have to go back for more.

As I have mentioned before, NYC has always been one of my parents favorite cities. I wanted to make sure that it remained that way. They were both stuck inside most days, except our daily trek to the hospital. The both of them eventually began to feel claustrophobic. One of things they love is trying out all the great restaurants NYC has to offer. On this trip they did not have that opportunity. I decided that on the day of my mothers last treatment, a celebration was in order. I called Aureole on 61st street, and asked if they would create a special dinner for my parents. I told the GM I knew they did not ordinarily do carry-out, but this was special situation. It did not take any convincing they were more than happy to make a fabulous dinner. I told my parents, I was going out to find something for them to eat and I came home with Aureole. They were ectatic, this being their favorite NY restaurant. The smile on their faces will always stay with me.

I have learned it is the small things you do for people that they will remember most. Telling them you love them everyday or remembering their favorite restaurant. It’s not the big present under the tree, it’s how you live your life everyday.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Jeope said...

Durn tootin' Shannon. Testify! Little things rule!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home