Wednesday, July 06, 2005

* 4th of July *

Last night, the fireworks were going off as I was sitting at my desk working. Rather, than being envious of the partying spectators, I was happy not to be surrounded my the drunken madness. I was thinking of my father and how he was sitting at home in the living room all alone, while my mother was sleeping in their bedroom. I was trying to imagine what going on in his head, as he was hearing the sounds of the fireworks at the near by University. I made myself sad knowing that he was thinking of all the things we use to do on the 4th. I called him and was almost happy to hear he had just gone to bed too.

After I hung up, there was a knock on my door and then the door opened. I jumped up not expecting anyone and there he was. He was back. I swear he has been put on this earth to see how miserable I can actually get. I cursed myself for not locking the front door when I came in and then made a mental note to get back the key to the secure front door. He can no longer make me miserable. I now take great satisfaction in controlling the situation. This may sound unhealthy, but secretly brings me great pleasure. As he brought me years of uncertinty and now I have the control. When he walked in, he waved a movie in the air and said, ‘You will never believe what I found’. I was thinking, “great I am going to have to spend the next 2.5 hours with you.”

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger NPB said...

You always have the control, you just dont realize it. Women have the power, I swear. We just need to use it more often. I am going to be a bitch from now on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home