Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Boycotting Google?

It says it all in the title. I’m sure your first reaction is to gasp. How could we go through are daily lives without Google. For the past few years I have used Google to investigate all of my curiosities. Hell, I have even been known to use it as means to check my repulsive spelling. My main source for email is through Google’s Gmail.
So by boycotting Google I would have to restructure my entire existence.

By now I’m sure you are thinking I am nuts and if you are still reading this I applaud you.
Today I was going through Fox News – I know, I know, don’t want to hear it from you lefties. Fox reported that Google has created a censored version of their search engine to cater to China’s Communistic nation. How could this be? The article goes on to say:

“Google Inc. launched a search engine in China last month that censors material about human rights, Tibet and other topics sensitive to Beijing. Google defends the move as a trade-off granting Chinese greater access to other information.”

China being responsible for the Dali Llamas exile in the mid 1950’s, while seizing Tibet and persecution of those who spoke out against them. Even going as far as torturing those Practiced the native religion of Buddhism. There have been stories of Tibetan nuns having cattle rods shoved up area of their bodies that have never even experienced pleasure and shocking them with waves of electricity. Not in a delightful or enjoying act.
That was my attemtept to shock you. Did it work?

Thanks for letting me rant!
I urge you to go out and do some of your own research just don’t use Google to do it.

Tibetan Exiles Protest Google Censorship

Phayul.com

Friends of Tibet!

Students For A Free Tibet

Tibet Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home